Blue Mounds Heritage Day 8/7

Cindy Downs (cdowns@mhtc.net)
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:45:19 -0500

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:45:19 -0500
From: "Cindy Downs" <cdowns@mhtc.net>
Subject: Blue Mounds Heritage Day 8/7

Blue Mounds Area Historical Society will be participating in Blue Mounds Heritage Day on Sunday,August 7th and we invite you to attend. The inaugural event will be held in the downtown Blue Mounds district, along Division Street and is being held in conjunction with the Centurion Bike Race which will pass through the village.

The schedule of events is as follows: Noon: Live Music by the Barneveld Community Band 1:00: Brian Lichte of BMAHS will present an overview of our community history, highlighting the downtown area 1:30-2:00 Fiddle music 2:30 Karaoke music for all ages

Also going on from 9-3 will be buggy rides, face painting and balloons for the kids as well as several booths. The historical society is partnering with the Mount Horeb Senior Center and will be selling lefse, jams, pie by the slice and other baked goods. The Countryside Community Center will be selling Culvers Custard from the basement of the Lutheran Church.

Please come on out and celebrate our community heritage while cheering on the bake race participants. If you have questions, please feel free to call Cindy at 608-561-1832 for information or check our web page at www.bluemoundshistoricalsociety.com