RE: Underground Railroad

Borkowski, Kathy L - WHS (Kathy.Borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:26:43 -0500

From: "Borkowski, Kathy L - WHS" <Kathy.Borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:26:43 -0500
Subject: RE: Underground Railroad

The Wisconsin Historical Society Press has published a book for young reade rs on the Underground Railroad, titled "Freedom Train North." http://www.wi sconsinhistory.org/whspress/books/book.asp?book_id=381

Kathy Borkowski Wisconsin Historical Society Press kathy.borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org 608-264-6461

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of DeRose, Joe R - WHS Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:02 PM To: 'localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu' Subject: RE: Underground Railroad

Contact the folks at the Milton House in Rock Co.

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Michael Weynand Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:05 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Underground Railroad

Our historical society has some information indicating that the Wisconsin b ranch of the Underground Railroad went through Neosho in southern Dodge Cou nty. I am trying to accumulate all the information of the Underground Rail road in Wisconsin and particularly in the Dodge County area. This information could just be a name, a portion of a published book or personal interviews. We once had a Methodist Church in our community and I am wondering if they were not the drivers in the loc al Underground Railroad. If there are any Wisconsin experts on the UR, ple ase let me know who they are and how I can contact them.