RE: How to Clean headstones

Monroe County Local History Room (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:07:37 -0500

From: "Monroe County Local History Room" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: How to Clean headstones
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:07:37 -0500

Dear Ms. Terlinden,

The Monroe County Local History Room has been training individuals and groups with how to clean gravestones for over five years. Feel free to give us a call and we'll do our best to get you started.

Jarrod M. Roll

Director - County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

608-269-8680

MCLHR@centurytel.net

www.MCLHR.org

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Terlinden Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:06 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: How to Clean headstones

Hello,

I am part on a volunteer cemetery group in Pierce County, restoring a cemetery which dates back to the Civil War. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean moss and lichen from the old limestone headstones without damaging the headstones?

Thanks,

Bettsy Terlinden

Cemetery Committee member

Town of River Falls