Re: AASLH Encourages Members and Institutions to Become Blue Star Museums

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:09:40 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:09:40 -0500
Subject: FW: AASLH Encourages Members and Institutions to Become Blue Star Museums

________________________________ From: AASLH Membership [membership@aaslh.org] Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:37 AM To: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Subject: AASLH Encourages Members and Institutions to Become Blue Star Muse ums

Having problems reading this email? Click here<https://www.aaslhnet.org/aas lhssa/ecmssamsganalytics.click_through?p_mail_id=E125224A6369832B1C1896> for the web version.

[http://www.aaslh.org/images/03.home_r1_c1_000.gif] [http://www.aaslh.o rg/images/03.home_r1_c2_000.jpg] [http://www.aaslh.org/images/03.home_r2_c2
_000.gif]

AASLH Encourages Members and Institutions to Become Blue Star Museums

Dear Friends of AASLH:

AASLH is a proud partner of the Blue Star Museums and I am writing to invit e you to join with the National Endowment for the Arts and Blue Star Famili es and become a Blue Star Museum by providing free admission to active duty
 military personnel and their families between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Last summer the program was a huge success, with 1,526 participating Blue S tar Museums, from fine arts museums to science and nature centers to histor ical houses. Last summer, 744 of those museums joined the Blue Star Museums
 Honor Roll for the first time, and we hope that you will be able to add yo ur museum this year. In fact, it was such a success that First Lady Michell e Obama sent a letter to the participating museums that read in part:

[M]useums that participated helped to make this a summer to remember for so
 many military moms, dads, and kids. Service members and their families giv e so much to our country each day, and it is an inspiration to see so many organizations and individuals giving something back for their courageous se rvice.

The process is simple: just follow this link to sign up on-line.<https://ww w.aaslhnet.org/aaslhssa/ecmssamsganalytics.click_through?p_mail_id=E12522 4A6369832B1C1897>

Blue Star Museums welcomed more than 300,000 active duty military personnel
 and their families over the summer. Participating museums often noted the benefits of reaching out to this audience. Blue Star Museums also received substantial media attention, through hundreds of stories in national and lo cal broadcast, print, and online media. Participating military families pra ised Blue Star Museums as a welcome respite from their daily cares, and a w elcome gesture of appreciation from the arts community.

This year, Blue Star Museums will begin on Memorial Day, May 28, 2012 and e xtend through Labor Day, September 3, 2012.

Please respond before April 30, 2012 so that we can be sure you are properl y listed on the Blue Star Museums website and in any other materials we pro duce. Even if your institution is already offering a similar program, Blue Star Museums provides a national platform to showcase your outreach to the military community.

Once your registration is complete, you will receive a welcome email with a
 link to the Blue Star Museums webpage where you will find information on a dmissions eligibility and promotional resources to help you share news abou t this summer program. A survey of our partner museums gave us valuable fee dback to help make 2012 Blue Star Museums the best year yet, but the best f eedback of all came from the military families who participated in this pro gram. One of the military spouses – Miriam Adams, wife of Lance Corporal Brian Adams – wrote to say:

I think it’s probably one of the best things they could do for the milita ry because a lot of the people come from other states and they just don’t
 really know what’s available to them while they’re here during their e nlistment. So it’s nice to be able to know and get out and see more of th e state they’re in than just be bored on base with nothing to do.

We will have a press launch before Memorial Day 2012 and would be deeply ap preciative if you would join Blue Star Museums. If you have any questions p lease contact Taylor Krzywicki at 202-682-5451 or e-mail lease contact Taylor Krzywicki at 202-682-5451 or e-mail bluestarmuseums@ar ts.gov<https://www.aaslhnet.org/aaslhssa/ecmssamsganalytics.click_through?p
_mail_id=E125224A6369832B1C1898>

Sincerely,
[http://www.aaslh.org/images/terrysig_000.jpg]

Terry Davis AASLH President & CEO

[http://www.aaslh.org/images/AASLHlogoWEB.gif]

[http://www.aaslh.org/images/BlueStarMuseums_000.jpg]<https://www.aaslhnet. org/aaslhssa/ecmssamsganalytics.click_through?p_mail_id=E125224A6369832B1 C1897>

[http://www.aaslh.org/images/ArtWorks.govNEH_001.jpg]

CONTACT Taylor Krzywicki 202-682-5451 bluestarmuseums@arts.gov<https://www.aaslhnet.org/aaslhssa/ecmssamsganalyti cs.click_through?p_mail_id=E125224A6369832B1C1898>

Even if your institution is already offering a similar program, joining Blu e Star Museums will amplify your existing efforts.

------- JOIN AASLH ON -------

[http://www.aaslh.org/images/facebook_000.gif]<https://www.aaslhnet.org/aas lhssa/ecmssamsganalytics.click_through?p_mail_id=E125224A6369832B1C1899>
                 [http://www.aaslh.org/images/twitter_000.jpg] <https://www
.aaslhnet.org/aaslhssa/ecmssamsganalytics.click_through?p_mail_id=E125224 A6369832B1C1900> [http://www.aaslh.org/images/linkedin
.jpg] <https://www.aaslhnet.org/aaslhssa/ecmssamsganalytics.click_through?p
_mail_id=E125224A6369832B1C1901>

[http://www.aaslh.org/images/03.bot_r1_c1_002.gif] [http://www.aaslh.o rg/images/03.bot_r1_c2_002.gif]

1717 Church Street, Nashville, TN 37203-2991 l 615-320-3203 l Fax: 615-327- 9013 E-Mail: membership@AASLH.org<https://www.aaslhnet.org/aaslhssa/ecmssamsgana lytics.click_through?p_mail_id=E125224A6369832B1C1902> l ©2009 AASLH