Nitschke Mounds Clean Up Day - WAS

ksampson2@wi.rr.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:21:23 +0000

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:21:23 +0000
From:  <ksampson2@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Nitschke Mounds Clean Up Day - WAS

Hi all. This is a flier attachment for the Dodge County parks Department/Wi sconsin Archeological Society Nitschke Mounds County Park Clean Up day. Det ails are on the flier. Rob Nurre (WAS Sites Preseervation Committee Chair),
 Bill Ehlenbeck (Manager of Parks and Recreation-Dodge Co.) Kurt Sampson (P resident Elect-WAS), and members of the Rock River Chapter of WAS will be o n hand to help direct mound site clean up efforts. I understand this coinci des with the SAA in Memphis, but interested parties who are not attending t he SAA conference are encouraged to help. Nitschke Mounds County Park is lo cated about 2 miles west of the city of Horicon Wisconsin on hwy E. Please google it for complete directions and park information. Please refer to fli er attachment for complete details, and distribute as you see fit. All are welcome. Event organizers will provide a dsite tour and interesting site in formation. This clean up effort preceeds the WAS spring business meeting in
 Horicon on May 5th. with the archeology weekend and Marsh melodies events a the Horicon Marsh. Kira Kaufmann and UWM will be excavating at the Nitsch ke Mounds site- Garden Bed Site on that weekend of May 5th & 6th. Our effor ts are geared to helping get the site ready for that weekend. We plan to w ork on the site from 12:00 PM - about 4:00PM that Sunday. This is also Nati onal Volunteer Day and Earth Day. Thanks Kurt