(no subject)

Rebecca DuBey (curator@saukcountyhistory.org)
Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:08:31 +0000

From: "Rebecca DuBey" <curator@saukcountyhistory.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:08:31 +0000
Subject: Re:

Our book keeper agrees that it is very important to have an outside, prof essional accountant prepare the taxes for the historical society. She doe s, however, question why anything would be depreciated. I would hope that
 you do not include your artifacts as part of your assets. They are not a ssets, they are a museum collection, which is different. If you have buil dings, such as historic buildings, they should not be included as assets either, but should be considered part of your museum collection as well.

We budget about $500 for both state and federal tax preparation and use W egner LLP CPA and consultants, who specialize in 501 (c) 3 organizations.
 They have offices in Madison, Baraboo, and probably elsewhere, website i s http://www.wegnercpas.com/

Rebecca DuBey Curator, Sauk County Historical Society
-----Original Message----- From: Gary Kunz [mailto:kunztwo@centurytel.net] Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 02:05 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu

It appears to be my day for requests. Our treasurer has asked that I sear ch for information on listserve pertaining to State of Wisconsin taxes. I n the past, we have generally done our own state taxes but since we have expanded our operation we have felt that it should be done professionally
. This has become expensive because our accountant feels that we should i nclude information that we feel is unnecessary. For example, she wishes t o depreciate our buildings and other assets which we feel is again unnece ssary. What do some of the WCLH organizations do?

Gary Kunz Fall Creek Historical Society