Examples or programs, events, etc. - please share!

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:17:29 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:17:29 -0500
Subject: Examples or programs, events, etc. - please share!

This summer, I will be presenting a workshop on developing successful publi c programs at some of the regional meetings. Public programs are an importa nt way that we connect with our community, build new audiences, and share o ur love of history.

In order to make this a successful presentation, I'd like you to share with
 me examples of successful programs, events, tours, etc. that you've develo ped. This would include details of the event, as well as photos, if possibl e.

This would be a great way to share your ideas with others and show off the work you've done, too.

If you are feeling brave, you can also share examples of programs that have n't worked and what challenges you face in developing and presenting progra ms for the public.

You can email me at janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:janet.seymour
@wisconsinhistory.org> or call me at 715-836-2250. Thanks in advance!

Janet

Field Services is now on Facebook! Stay informed about upcoming events and connect with local history and pres ervation colleagues across the state. Find us on <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Historical-Society-Fiel d-Services/137197716311864?ref=search&v=wall#!/pages/Wisconsin-Historic al-Society-Field-Services/137197716311864> Facebook

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region, Wisconsin Historical Socie ty c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire 105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701 Voice: 715-836-2250

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846