Re: Executive Director Search - Rock County Historical Society

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:54:37 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:54:37 -0500
Subject: FW: Executive Director Search - Rock County Historical Society

________________________________ From: Oakleigh Ryan [oakleigh@whitonhouse.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:50 PM To: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Subject: Executive Director Search - Rock County Historical Society

We are undertaking a search for the Executive Director of the Rock Count Hi storical Society (RCHS).

The Executive Director position reports to the RCHS Board of Trustees and w ill be a leader in positioning the Lincoln Tallman campus as thriving visit or and event center, meeting location and center for entrepreneur, cultural
 and historic studies. The vision of the Lincoln Tallman Campus is to bec ome a national model of “taking down the velvet ropes” – the adaptive
 re-use of a house museum to benefit the entire community. The RCHS has al ready completed the first phase of its Legacy & Vision Capital Campaign to enable the implementation of this plan.

The mission of the RCHS is to enrich and engage the communities in Rock Cou nty, Wisconsin through preservation and dissemination of the unique history
 and heritage of our area. RCHS has primary responsibility of managing th e Lincoln Tallman House, a mid-eighteen century historical gem located in J anesville, WI, bequeathed to the City of Janesville in 1951. The property a lso includes the Carriage Barn, the Wilson-King Stone House as well as the adjacent grounds. The RCHS also owns and operates three additional properti es, the Helen Jeffris Wood Museum Center, the Charles Tallman residential p roperty, and Frances Willard School House.

Suggestions and expressions of interest would be most welcomed by us. Our d eadline is May 11th. We seek a candidate that exhibits the passion, presen ce and skill to lead the RCHS and development of the Lincoln Tallman Campus
.

A job summary is attached. Please feel free to pass it on to anyone you th ink might be interested to know about the position. I am happy to answer q uestions and provide additional background information.

Sincerely,

Oakleigh Ryan

------------------------- Oakleigh Ryan Principal

email oakleigh@whitonhouse.com<mailto:oakleigh@whitonhouse.com> phone 608 436 0876 web www.whitonhouse.com<http://www.whitonhouse.com>

1000 E. Milwaukee Street Janesville, WI 53545

[cid:880fa726-e70d-4f19-8623-7338e8a5ea55@wisconsin.gov]

wh_email_logo.jpg