Re: Large map - List Serve

Maureen Giese (renie.giese@gmail.com)
Wed, 16 May 2012 13:35:00 -0500

Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:35:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Large map - List Serve
From: Maureen Giese <renie.giese@gmail.com>

We had a 1872 Jefferson County Map restored at the Wisconsin Historical Society, Madison. It too, was found rolled up in a corner in our steeple tower for years. It had fallen apart in many areas. Robin of the Conservation Department at the State Historical Office is the one to talk with...I believe they are not taking in any more items to restore/conserve but could give you some advice on the map. It cost $1,000 for the restoration and conservation methods they used.

Maureen Giese, Waterloo Area Historial Society