Large map - List Serve

nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org
Wed, 16 May 2012 09:23:26 -0500

From: nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org
Subject: Large map - List Serve
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:23:26 -0500

Hi everyone,
 Our historical society has a very nice large old map of Brown County which
 is currently rolled up. It is very fragile...seems like the back is fabric
 and little pieces of the paper (of the map) can peel off very easily. So, we have only looked at it twice to figure out what to do with it.
 Our board has agreed it should be displayed on a wall. We were thinking of
 having it encased somehow to protect it so we can hang it up. My questions
 to you all are as follows.... Should we have the original map encased? And
 if so how and where? Or should we have a copy made of the map to display a nd store the original?
 I don't have the dimensions at my home here but am estimating that itÂ
 is atleast 40 inches by 60 inches.
 I would appreciate any info you have concerning this...perhaps you have do ne something similiar.
 Thanks..
 Nancy O'Kelley
 President
 Howard-Suamico Historical Society