Aztalan Summer Solstice Event tonight

ksampson2@wi.rr.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:23:05 -0500

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:23:05 -0500
From:  <ksampson2@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Aztalan Summer Solstice Event tonight

Please join the Friends of Aztalan State Park for our annual Summer Solstice celebration at Aztalan tonight starting at 6 PM. Pot Luck style cookout with some brats and beverages provided by the Friends group. Please bring a dish to pass is you like-but this is not required. Program will focus on the Mississippian's relationship to the Sun, solstices, and even woodhenge. We will view the summer solstice sunset from the large platform mound and discuss these themes. All are welcome. State Park entrance fees apply. Please contact Kurt Sampson-Friends of Aztalan State Park Board of Directors President for more information anytime today before 5PM. Hope to see you there.