RE: Help

Cross, Christine (christinec@newlondonwi.org)
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:22:01 -0500

From: "Cross, Christine" <christinec@newlondonwi.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:22:01 -0500
Subject: RE: Help

You may also want to check out a documentary done a few years ago about a m oonshiner named "Popcorn". He goes through the whole process and it is rath er interesting.

Christine Cross Director New London Public Museum 406 South Pearl St. New London, WI 54961 920-982-8520 www.newlondonwi.org/museum.htm christinec@newlondonwi.org<mailto:christinec@newlondonwi.org>

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of scandinavia tds.net Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:41 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: Help

Gary: Check this site: https://www.google.com/search?q=Still+moonshine&hl=en& client=firefox-a&hs=DdF&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&t bm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DMQ-UK-9KcXSqwHOwoCwDQ&ved=0C CAQsAQ&biw=1264&bih=949 There are a couple hundred images of moonshine stills. Doug Watson Friends of Scandinavia History www.friendsofscandinaviahistory.org<http://www.friendsofscandinaviahistory. org>

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Barron County Historical Society <museum1@ chibardun.net<mailto:museum1@chibardun.net>> wrote: Gary,

Stills during prohibition were made, not manufactured, as far I know of. M y great grandfather had one. If you can send me the pictures of the parts you have, I can tell you how to put it back together again for a display. I would also check with the state. I believe it is illegal to have one unl ess you have a hole in the bottom of it so it can't be used. These laws may have changed, I'm not sure.

Caroline Olson Director Pioneer Village Museum Barron County Historical Society

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:<mailto:localhistory-request@l istserve.uwec.edu> [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:l ocalhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu>] On Behalf Of Gary Kunz Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:55 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Subject: Help

Our local historical society just acquired a Prohibition era still. Two pr oblems: 1) it is completely disassembled; and 2) I have no idea as how to r eassemble it. I do have one advantage. It was not workshop built but was purchased someplace. I can find nothing to indicate the manufacturer. I a m open to any suggestions as to where to start in my quest.