RE: Insurance on major artifact

Deanna Wollin (dlsw59@charter.net)
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 16:25:44 -0500

From: "Deanna Wollin" <dlsw59@charter.net>
Subject: RE: Insurance on major artifact
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 16:25:44 -0500

As you already have probably heard, you can't insure to replace an irreplaceable object.

Deanna Wollin

Cottage Grove Area Historical Society

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Bill Schuette Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:28 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Insurance on major artifact

We recently acquired a very valuable early 20th Century automobile. We have the usual insurance on our buildings and artifacts. Do other museums insure very valuable, irreplaceable, one of a kind, objects in their collections, beyond the usual type of policies? If so, to what degree?

Bill

Sauk County Historical Society

Baraboo, WI