RE: Insurance on major artifact

Barron County Historical Society (museum1@chibardun.net)
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:08:32 -0500

From: "Barron County Historical Society" <museum1@chibardun.net>
Subject: RE: Insurance on major artifact
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:08:32 -0500

Bill,

Yes we do. We have an extra rider on our 1908 International, for example. You will need an appraisal done on the item to be submitted to your insurance company. Sometimes you may have to wait a while for your appraisal because they need to find at least two others in the United States for comparable make, condition, and age of vehicle. They will tell you how much it should be insured for. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Caroline Olson

Director

Barron County Historical Society

Cameron, WI

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Bill Schuette Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:28 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Insurance on major artifact

We recently acquired a very valuable early 20th Century automobile. We have the usual insurance on our buildings and artifacts. Do other museums insure very valuable, irreplaceable, one of a kind, objects in their collections, beyond the usual type of policies? If so, to what degree?

Bill

Sauk County Historical Society

Baraboo, WI