RE: XCollections Management Policy

Bernstein, Rick A - WHS (Rick.Bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org)
Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:04:10 -0500

From: "Bernstein, Rick A - WHS" <Rick.Bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:04:10 -0500
Subject: RE: XCollections Management Policy

To all those interested in developing or refining a collections management policy, attached is some a good reference work from the American Alliance o f Museums.

Please also note that Ann Koski, retired Director of the State History Muse um, will be one of our speakers at the Annual Local History-Historic Preser vation Conference Oct 11-12, 2013 to take place at the Hotel Mead in Wiscon sin Rapids. One of Ann's two presentations will be about developing a colle ctions management policy.

Hope to see you all there.

Regards // Rick

Rick Bernstein Field Services-Southern Region Wisconsin Historical Society 608 264 6583

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of valerie burke Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:05 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Request

Here is the collection policy from Douglas County Historical Society. We ar e located in Superior. A group of 7 people spent several months over this past winter to produce t his document. Our past one was very outdated.

Valerie Burke

________________________________ From: kunztwo@centurytel.net<mailto:kunztwo@centurytel.net> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Subject: Request Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:18:49 -0500 Our local historical society is undergoing a reorganization and we could us e some help. We require some sort of a collection policy. Is is possible t hat we might peruse some of your policies? It would be appreciated. Thank you. GLK