Re: AceMoney for Small Business Finances

Russ Hanson (russhanson@grantsburgtelcom.net)
Mon, 08 Jul 2013 18:07:37 -0500

Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 18:07:37 -0500
From: Russ Hanson <russhanson@grantsburgtelcom.net>
Subject: Re: AceMoney for Small Business Finances

Couple of comments:

--ending support for XP means very little unless you are using the computer on the Internet. Then the security updates are good to keep problems from leaving security holes. However, if you run something like Norton or other protection software, there is not much risk. So, you could run XP for several more years without problems. Of course, eventually the hardware will have problems.

-- You can use the web based version of Quick Books and be independent of any computer platform. You can access it from any computer that has an internet browser--of course with login and password security. You pay for a subscription to the service that includes most everything needed in Quick Books and the automatic updates as well as cloud storage of your data so backup is automatic too. You pay a rate per month to own this that is actually less than the outright cost of the software and yearly upgrades.

--There is an Apple version of Quick Books that runs on the Macs. It is somewhat behind the Windows version, but probably will do everything needed too.

--Purchasing Apple computers will likely give you some difficulties interacting with others as the Apple world is somewhat closed and sharing information and files can become a nuisance with non-Apple computers. Approximately 80% of the computers sold are Windows type. Using cloud applications and cloud storage helps as it frees you from Windows or Mac operating systems.

   If you want to learn more about AceMoney, search the internet with the terms AceMoney Review and you can read what others think. For instance
   http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5110&review=AceMoney+Personal+Finance+Manager+Review

    and http://financialsoft.about.com/od/morefinancialsoftware/fr/Acemoney-Personal-Finance-Software-Review.htm

Good Luck Russ Hanson Sterling Eureka and Laketown Historical Society Cushing WI

--
Russ Hanson riverroadrambler@gmail.com