Listserve - weddng dresses, etc

nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:39:47 -0500

From: nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org
Subject: Listserve - weddng dresses, etc
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:39:47 -0500

  Hi Listserve members,

 I would like to hear from some of you on these issues. First of all, do yo u accept wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses that are old and have been stored in plastic bags for years so they all yellow? If you do, how do you get them cleaned and the yellow removed?

 We have two wedding dresses. They are from a member and also her mother. B oth are yellowed. Looks like the mother's dress had been cleaned years ago but the member's dress had never been cleaned.

 I am sure that many have dealt with this issue and can give me some w ords of advice.

 Thanks, Nancy O'Kelley
 President
 Howard-Suamico Historical Society