Building & Rental Questions

Brian Bigler (usemeum@mhtc.net)
Sat, 14 Dec 2013 11:23:54 -0600

Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 11:23:54 -0600
From: Brian Bigler <usemeum@mhtc.net>
Subject: Building & Rental Questions

Hello fellow affiliated members,

The Mount Horeb Area Historical Society is in the throngs of a major fundraiser for a new building. We have important questions we need help with:

#1 -- Do any historical Societies rent their buildings in the $200 and up per month range? If so, how much rent?

#1A -- Did you / do you encounter problems or pluses with renting?

#2 -- If your society has a 16,000 square foot or larger building, or a complex of buildings that it owns, approximately what does it cost per year to operate and maintain these buildings and grounds?

#2A -- Where do you get your funding for building operations / expenses
- private, county, grants, foundations, government, village, fundraising, endowment?

#3 -- Has anyone built a LARGE structure in recent years? Care to comment?

THANKS so much for any help on this -

Brian J. Bigler - President - Mount Horeb Area Historical Society