Re: Reminder: Funding Available for Preservation Projects in Wisconsin

Bernstein, Rick A - WHS (Rick.Bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org)
Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:43:56 -0600

From: "Bernstein, Rick A - WHS" <Rick.Bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:43:56 -0600
Subject: FW: Reminder: Funding Available for Preservation Projects in Wisconsin

Here is some information about grants for historic preservation projects fr om the National Trust for Historic Preservation. They are soliciting grants
 for their Feb. 3, 2014 deadline and beyond. If you have questions there is
 a phone number for a National Trust staffer towards the end of the message
.

Rick Bernstein Field Services-Southern Region Wisconsin Historical Society 608 264 6583

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

From: Grants [mailto:Grants@savingplaces.org] Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:49 AM To: Grants Subject: Reminder: Funding Available for Preservation Projects in Wisconsin

Are you working on a preservation project in Wisconsin and need seed money to help kick-start your planning efforts? Is your organization undertaking a new educational effort aimed at engaging new audiences in preservation? I f the answer to either question is yes, you may be eligible for funding fro m the National Trust Preservation Funds grant program.

Grants from the National Trust Preservation Funds encourage preservation at
 the local level by providing seed money for planning and education project s. These grants help stimulate public discussion, enable local groups to ga in the technical expertise needed for particular projects, introduce the pu blic to preservation concepts and techniques, and encourage financial parti cipation by the private and public sectors.

Grants range up to $5,000 and require a dollar-for-dollar match. Full eligi bility requirements and grant guidelines, along with a link to our applicat ion, can be found at www.preservationnation.org/funding<http://www.preserva tionnation.org/funding>.

Applications are now being accepted for our February 3, 2014 deadline. Not ready to apply just yet? Don't worry. The program has three deadlines throu ghout the year.

Grants Office P 202.588.6277 F 202.588.6223

NATIONAL TRUST FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION The Watergate Office Building 2600 Virginia Avenue NW Suite 1000 Washington, DC 20037 www.PreservationNation.org<http://www.preservationnation.org/>

[http://www.preservationnation.org/assets/photos-images/nthp/LOGO_email.png
]