Request for loan(s)

Carrie M Ronnander (c.ronnander@cvmuseum.com)
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 13:14:44 +0000

From: Carrie M Ronnander <c.ronnander@cvmuseum.com>
Subject: Request for loan(s)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 13:14:44 +0000

I'm working on a long term exhibit for the Chippewa Valley Museum that spot lights different parts of the Chippewa Valley's history over the last 300 y ears. It is called "Changing Currents: Reinventing the Chippewa Valley" and
 it looks at the mixing and remixing of people, cultures, and environments in our region's history.

I am looking for a couple of objects to help talk about our earlier history
. One is a war club, Ojibwe or Dakota. We will have a case that discusses t he historic hostilities between these people but my museum does not have a good object to represent this important story.

I'm also looking for an old la crosse stick and fur trade era items.

I'm hoping to be able to borrow objects for a minimum of three years. My mu seum is climate controlled and the items will be in cases that have motion detected lights so there will be limited light exposure.

If your organization has any of the above items, or if you know of a privat e collection, please contact me off the list - e collection, please contact me off the list - c.ronnander@cvmuseum.com. Al l loans to the Chippewa Valley Museum are credited in the labels and are in sured. I'm also happy to answer any question you may have about our facilit ies and/or plans for the exhibit. You can read more about the exhibit if yo u go to our website, www.cvmuseum.com.

Thank you for your help.

Carrie Ronnander Curator

Chippewa Valley Museum PO 1204 Eau Claire, WI 54702 C.ronnander@cvmuseum.com 715-834-7871