ice harvesting

Rita Frakes (rita42@centurytel.net)
Fri, 4 Apr 2014 14:17:05 -0500

From: "Rita Frakes" <rita42@centurytel.net>
Subject: ice harvesting
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 14:17:05 -0500

The Mazomanie Historical Society has a small collection of ice harvesting artifacts. One is a canvas bag by the H.O. Eward Co. also marked:
"TONG-BAG", Pat. No. 20121, 188_? 100lbs. OSCAR MAYER IS stenciled on the outside of the bag. We know that when the local company quit harvesting ice here on Lake Marion, it purchased ice from the Oscar Mayer Co., in Madison, WI.

I am looking for information on the H.O. Eward Co. Any help would be appreciated.

Rita Frakes, Curator

Mazomanie Historical Society

608-795-4355