Survey: Digital Heritage in Wisconsin’s Small Communities

Emily Pfotenhauer (emily@wils.org)
Thu, 29 May 2014 14:39:59 -0500

From: Emily Pfotenhauer <emily@wils.org>
Subject: =?windows-1252?Q?Survey=3A_Digital_Heritage_in_Wisconsin=92s_Sma?= =?windows-1252?Q?ll_Communities?=
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:39:59 -0500

Do you represent a historical society, museum or library in a small Wisconsin town or city (population under 6,000)? Recollection Wisconsin needs your input! Our program is seeking to expand online access to photos, documents, artifacts and other historical materials from small and rural communities around the state. Whether your organization already has a strong digitization program in place, you’re just starting to think about going digital, or digitization is not a priority for you right now, your responses to our survey will help us improve our services to small cultural heritage organizations across Wisconsin.

Our short survey is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WisconsinDigital and should take between 5-15 minutes to complete. Please submit your responses by Monday, June 16. Survey results will be made available online later this summer at http://recollectionwisconsin.org. For questions about the survey, please contact Recollection Wisconsin Program Manager Emily Pfotenhauer at emily@wils.org or 608-616-9756.

The Recollection Wisconsin program helps Wisconsin libraries, archives, historical societies and museums digitize and share online their unique historical collections. The program is sponsored by WiLS (Wisconsin Library Services) in partnership with the Milwaukee Public Library, the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Wisconsin Historical Society. Financial support is provided by a grant from the Nicholas Family Foundation.