RE: Identify this item?

Cross, Christine (christinec@newlondonwi.org)
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:04:05 -0600

From: "Cross, Christine" <christinec@newlondonwi.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:04:05 -0600
Subject: RE: Identify this item?

It is used to shine buttons on a coat. You put the plate around the buttons
 and then can polish the buttons without affecting the fabric. I've seen th em in military kits.

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of David Totten Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2014 9:22 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Identify this item?

Two pictures below of an item we just received. The hinged fingers fold up to create circular openings. Each section is about 6-8 inches long and stam ped from thin metal.

What would be the use for this item? Any help appreciated.

David Totten President of the Board of Directors New Berlin Historical Society www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org<http://www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.or g>
262-643-8855

[cid:[cid:image001.jpg@01D019F9.EF9B2E20][cid:[cid:image001.jpg@01D019F9.EF9B2E20][cid:image002.jpg@01D019F9.EF9B2E20]

[http://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png]<http://www.avast.com/