Re: Unknown Artifact --Help!

Rebecca DuBey (curator@saukcountyhistory.org)
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:15:24 +0000

From: "Rebecca DuBey" <curator@saukcountyhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:15:24 +0000
Subject: Re: Unknown Artifact --Help!

 Hello Destiinee, I would suggest you send those images to Logan Museum of Anthropology at Beliot College. It looks a lot like some of the pieces we got from New Gu inea, so they may be able to help you. Rebecca DuBey Curator, Sauk County Historical Society
-----Original Message----- From: Destinee Udelhoven [mailto:destineekae@hotmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 09:02 AM To: 'Wisconsin History List Serve' Cc: 'Anna Krause' Subject: Unknown Artifact --Help!

History Friends,

I have a friend in Portage who owns the below artifact --and they have no
 idea what it is. Neither do I! They asked me to help them find out. Henc e this email. Can any of you provide any information or contacts who migh t be able to do so?

They have several more detailed pictures that could be provided upon requ est.

Here is the "back story," provided by the owner, for whatever help it mig ht provide:

"A relative who lives in New Lennox, IL area was helping one of his busin ess clients clean out a shed. This artifact was headed for the junk pile when the relative asked if he could give it to me, knowing my interest in
 unique historic "things." The owner said take it."The current owner of t he artifact can be reached at he artifact can be reached at collagedesignstudio@gmail.com. Please do re ach out to her with any leads you might have that would help them learn m ore about this fascinating piece of history. Thank you!Sincerely,Destinee K. Udelhoven