RE: Job Description

Deanna Wollin (dlsw59@charter.net)
Tue, 6 Jan 2015 22:25:13 -0600

From: "Deanna Wollin" <dlsw59@charter.net>
Subject: RE: Job Description
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 22:25:13 -0600

We don’t have a job description per s;e, but I would allow for a lot of generalization on this. As a past curator of about 10-12 years, you not only have to check in donations, send out donation thank you letters and all that entails, create a storage system, keep records
– I used Excel spreadsheets because it is so much cheaper than what the state offers, help people find what they are looking for to set up displays, make sure things are put back where they came from, and all of these duties are non-ending. I think I probably put in approximately 3-4 days a month minimum in our history room, and then came home and copied things onto my computer spread sheet w/numbers and storage information.

You may contact me for more information if you like.

Deanna Wollin

Cottage Grove Area Historical Society

Also, a member of Marshall Area Historical Society

608-839-0732

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Sara Nuernberger Sent: Friday, December 26, 2014 7:23 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Job Description

Our museum is looking to create an updated job description for our museum curator/staff person.

The museum is a small museum located in central Wisconsin. The staff person will not only be doing curator duties but also other office duties. Because the museum is a smaller one, the person will need to be able to do many varied tasks. We need to update the job description to also include using a computer. Because the staff hasn't changed for long time, the job description is in real need of being updated. The position is for limited hours of two days a week.

If you could share job descriptions that you think may fit with what we need, we would appreciate it. Or if you have a job description that you think we can use parts of to create our job description, please also share those.

Thank you.

Sara Nuernberger

Board Member

Taylor County Historical Society Museum