RE: Job Description

winebottle@charter.net
Wed, 7 Jan 2015 08:27:43 -0500 (EST)

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 08:27:43 -0500 (EST)
From: winebottle@charter.net
Subject: RE: Job Description

Sara,

Is this a paid position? if so you have a employee-employer relationship and that means you will have to withhold income tax and provide a 1040. I am a contract employee of the Historical Society, I work 20 hours a week. The Historical Society pays me once a month and I get a 1099 at the end of the year. Our lawyer advised strongly against creating an official detailed job description as to avoid the appearance of an employee-employer relationship. My official job description is a one page general description of my overall general duties and the yearly compensation which is a contract that is renewed each year at the Annual meeting. I can send you a copy if you would like to see it.

Jim Weinzatl Executive Director Tomah Area Historical Society & Museum