Re: Direct mailing for Membership

Mary & Mike Weynand (weynand@netwurx.net)
Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:35:17 -0600

Subject: Re: Direct mailing for Membership
From: Mary & Mike Weynand <weynand@netwurx.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:35:17 -0600

As our active membership declined, mostly do to old age, we were at a serious point of needing new and younger membership. (Financially, we were sound.)

We try to provide a newsletter with local historical stories about every three to four months so we utilized one edition to emphasize our dire membership straits.

I also created a letter to be mailed out via specific zip codes and portions of zip codes. I contracted with a company in the area to print and coordinate the mailing. In this letter we emphasized the positive aspects of our historical society, the museum etc. I also mentioned that we accepted donations. As it turned out, the donations greatly helped cover the cost of the mailing and we ended up with members in their 20's and older. Last years membership was at approximately 100 members. (We count individuals as 1 and families as 2 no matter how many are in the family.) Our officers are all now younger members and are computer savvy enough so that we purchased a new computer system with Past Perfect and are in the process of implementing it as well as being in the electronic media.