RE: Facility Rental

Amy Meyer, MCHS Director (director@manitowoccountyhistory.org)
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:54:31 -0600

From: "Amy Meyer, MCHS Director" <director@manitowoccountyhistory.org>
Subject: RE: Facility Rental
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:54:31 -0600

At the Manitowoc County Historical Society we have rentals most weekends from May through October for either weddings, family reunions, or corporate events.

We do have a facility rental policy and fee schedule. I’ve attached the information we have and it is also available on our website.

Amy Meyer

Executive Director

Manitowoc County Historical Society

1701 Michigan Avenue

Manitowoc, WI 54220

(920) 684-4445

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Wolter Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:25 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Facility Rental

I would like to know how other societies handle rental of their facilities. We rent out our house museum occasionally and have a facilities use form but we have put "suggested donation amount" of $XX an hour on it. We have been leery of actually calling it a "rental fee" due to possible issues of "unlike income" (i.e. is this an acceptable way for a 501(c)(3) to make money) Maybe we are just being overly cautious. Also we aren't sure if there would be any insurance ramifications.

Would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks

Paul Wolter

Executive Director