Re: Facility Rental

Kathryn Montgomery (kathrynm@douglashistory.org)
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:56:13 -0600

Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:56:13 -0600
Subject: Re: Facility Rental
From: Kathryn Montgomery <kathrynm@douglashistory.org>

At Douglas County historical society we usually rent out our stage for local theater groups at about $75/ day. We have a rental agreement stating that the group will respect our exhibits and facilities, while also giving them a liability document indicating they are responsible for anything damaged during their rental period.

For your own pricing I would try to estimate how much money your are spending for utilities and staff pay per hour, that is how we figured ours out.

As far as your concern for the use of the space in regards of a non profit it can only be looked at as a positive. You are making your space as available for the public as you can. You are not expected to just do it for free. If you have the space use it!

Best of luck!

Kathryn Montgomery Curator and Assistant Director Douglas County Historical Society 1101 John Ave Superior, WI 54880 T: 715-392-8449 C: 763-227-4963