Re: query for listserv - nametags for staff & volunteers

Rick Thiele (trainchaser@centurytel.net)
Mon, 7 Dec 2015 11:35:58 -0600

From: "Rick Thiele" <trainchaser@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: query for listserv - nametags for staff & volunteers
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 11:35:58 -0600

At Mid-Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom most volunteer members have name badges that have their names on them. Some just wear badges that say Volunteer Member. With our members, they come from all over the Midwest (Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc.) so tracing by name could be a little more involved.

Rick Thiele Collections Manager Mid-Continent Railway Historical Society North Freedom, WI

From: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Sent: Monday, December 7, 2015 11:18 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Fw: query for listserv - nametags for staff & volunteers

Question for the list serve regarding nametags for staff/volunteers

My question concerns name tags: do you give guides and volunteers at your museums name tags with their full names on them?

I know one big argument against doing so, having had a visitor call the office to complain, then call me at home to complain some more, and then demand the name of the guide he felt had been inappropriate. If he had had her full name he would have found her in the directory and called her up.

What does your institution do? Do you have a policy on this?

Thanks in advance,

Peggy Derrick, Executive Curator La Crosse County Historical Society 145 West Ave. S., La Crosse WI 54601 Main Offices 608-782-1980 Cell 608-799-0033