Fw: microfiche reader donation - NW Dane county area

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:59:24 +0000

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Fw: microfiche reader donation - NW Dane county area
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:59:24 +0000

________________________________ Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 10:23 AM To: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Subject: microfiche reader donation

Hi Janet,

I have an inexpensive, used microfiche reader that I'd like to donate to an y historical society that would like it. Could you please post a notice abo ut this on the local society listserve?

It's a Micrographic Solutions MR-1 in good condition, purchased in 1997 for
 $180. This is not a scanner, just a simple reader.

I live in NW Dane County but could meet someone in Madison/Middleton if nec essary.

Please advise. Thanks,

From: "Nelson, Jonathan R - WHS" <JonathanR.Nelson@wisconsinhistory.org> Subject: RE: microfiche reader donation Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:57:34 +0000 Hi Michael,

Thank you for your voice mail and email regarding a used microfiche reader.
  While we appreciate the offer, we must decline. The areas in the library
 and archives that still have need for a fiche reader all have functioning machines in good condition. I suggest that you contact WHS Field Services Representative Janet Seymour, who maintains a listserv for local Wisconsin historical societies. You could ask her to post the reader on the listserv
 and it would likely be claimed by a local historical society in short orde r. Here is her email address: janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:ja net.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>. Thank you for your interest in the Wisc onsin Historical Society.

Jonathan Nelson Collection Development Archivist Wisconsin Historical Society