RE: List serve question about online fundraising for local societies

Roy Ostenso (ostensor@sbcglobal.net)
Thu, 21 Apr 2016 12:23:33 -0500

From: Roy Ostenso <ostensor@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: List serve question about online fundraising for local societies
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 12:23:33 -0500

I have no direct experience with this. I do know Network for Good (I believ e from Google) has a program for NFP’s. I equate online fund raising to direct/mass mailing: Impersonal. Better looking for larger donations from select individuals, businesses or philanthropic organizations by personal contact.

Roy Ostenso 715-505-1110

From: Draeger, Jim R - WHS Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:34 PM To: 'localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu' Subject: RE: List serve question about online fundraising for local societi es

I have no experience, but It has been explained to me that with some of the se sources, if you do not meet your goal, you don’t receive any of the money (the company gets to pocket it), so be careful to read the fine p rint and research their terms.

Jim

Jim Draeger State Historic Preservation Officer Director of Outreach Wisconsin Historical Society 816 State Street Madison, WI 53706 Please note my new phone number Phone 608 264 6464 Email jim.draeger@wisconsinhistory.org Web Site http://www.wisconsinhistory.org

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Seymour, Janet I - WHS Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:58 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: List serve question about online fundraising for local societies

If anyone has experience or suggestions re: Janet's question below, please respond.
  Thanks!

From: Janet K Geronime <jangeronime@gmail.com> Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 12:46 PM To: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Subject: Re: mini grant program
  Hi Janet,
  One quick question — has any society that you know of used an onlin e source for soliciting donations?
  I have been looking at several:  Razoo, DirectoTo.org. Gofundme, classy, Indiegogo.  One of the purposes behind the mini-grant applicat ion is to expand our donor base.  I was thinking going on-line would b e one way to do that.  I would appreciate your comments.
  Janet Geronime Acquisitions Task Force Chairman Land O’ Lakes Historical Society Land O’ Lakes Wisconsin