RE: List serve question about online fundraising for local societies

Draeger, Jim R - WHS (Jim.Draeger@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:18:05 +0000

From: "Draeger, Jim R - WHS" <Jim.Draeger@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: RE: List serve question about online fundraising for local societies
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:18:05 +0000

I have no experience, but It has been explained to me that with some of the se sources, if you do not meet your goal, you don't receive any of the mone y (the company gets to pocket it), so be careful to read the fine print and
 research their terms.

Jim

Jim Draeger State Historic Preservation Officer Director of Outreach Wisconsin Historical Society 816 State Street Madison, WI 53706 Please note my new phone number Phone 608 264 6464 Email jim.draeger@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:<mailto:jim.draeger@wisconsinhistory. org>
Web Site http://www.wisconsinhistory.org<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/>

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Seymour, Janet I - WHS Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:58 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: List serve question about online fundraising for local societies

If anyone has experience or suggestions re: Janet's question below, please respond.

Thanks!

________________________________ From: Janet K Geronime <jangeronime@gmail.com<mailto:jangeronime@gmail.com>

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 12:46 PM To: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Subject: Re: mini grant program

Hi Janet,

One quick question - has any society that you know of used an online source
 for soliciting donations?

I have been looking at several: Razoo, DirectoTo.org<http://directoto.org/
>. Gofundme, classy, Indiegogo. One of the purposes behind the mini-grant
application is to expand our donor base. I was thinking going on-line woul d be one way to do that. I would appreciate your comments.

Janet Geronime Acquisitions Task Force Chairman Land O' Lakes Historical Society Land O' Lakes Wisconsin