Fw: Offer to attend Hnadweavers Guild Seminar with Discount

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:08:48 +0000

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Fw: Offer to attend Hnadweavers Guild Seminar with Discount
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:08:48 +0000

At the Handweavers Guild of America (HGA) we greatly appreciate the opportu nity to partner with other organizations. We have found these partnerships provide the opportunity for the partnering organizations to enhance their b rand and reach new customers while working to achieve a greater good.

HGA will be in Milwaukee, Wisconsin July 31 - August 6 to host Convergence
®, our biennial international fiber arts conference. As part of this conf erence, Melissa Wraalstad, Executive Director for the Wisconsin Museum of Q uilts and Fiber Arts, will present her seminar Bridging the Gap: Guild-Muse um Collaborations (S-SA095).

In this seminar, attendees will learn how their organization can identify a nd create partnerships with local artist guilds and groups to aid in preser vation and broaden their market reach. Melissa will provide attendees with ideas on getting started and offer specific examples of activities and prog rams for inspiration. Although the focus of the seminar will be on the fibe r arts, anyone who has an interest in partnerships and is looking for innov ative and creative ways to work with community groups will enjoy this conve rsation. This 90-minute seminar takes place Saturday, August 6 from 9:00 AM
 to 10:30 PM in the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee.

To give back to the local community in appreciation of their support, HGA w ould like to offer a discounted registration fee to those who are employed by a Wisconsin museum or arts organization to attend Bridging the Gap: Guil d-Museum Collaborations. In addition, attendees will be invited and given a
 day pass to stay after the seminar to view the fiber arts exhibits and per use the Vendor Marketplace. Valued at $55, we are offering this experience for $20.

To register and take advantage of this offer, the museum or arts organizati on employee simply needs to call the HGA office at (678) 730-0010 and menti on their place of employment. We do ask that they sign up by June 30th to r eceive the discount. For more information about Convergence® and HGA, ple ase visit our website www.WeaveSpinDye.org<http://www.WeaveSpinDye.org>.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Williamson Executive Director Handweavers Guild of America, Inc. 1255 Buford Hwy, Ste. 211 Suwanee, GA 30024 T 678.730.0010 F 678.730.0836 ExecutiveDirector@WeaveSpinDye.org<mailto:<mailto:ExecutiveDirector@WeaveSpinDye.or g>

www.WeaveSpinDye.org/<http://www.weavespindye.org/> Join our mailing list for HGA and Convergence conference news via email<htt p://weavespindye.org/pages/?p=news.html&loc=00-00-00> GoodSearch<http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=902855> ~ Twitter<http:// twitter.com/weavespindye> ~ Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/HGA/6236 3290285> ~ Flickr<http://www.flickr.com/photos/weavespindye/>