MAHS Fund Raiser

Sandy Lewis (slewis1737@yahoo.com)
Sun, 9 Oct 2016 18:34:24 +0000 (UTC)

Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 18:34:24 +0000 (UTC)
From: Sandy Lewis <slewis1737@yahoo.com>
Subject: MAHS Fund Raiser

   Dear Friend of the Middleton Area Historical Society,The Middleton Area His torical Society invites you to become a “Partner in Preservation
to help us keep the rich history of Middleton alive. With limited re venues to support operations, we are appealing to all friends of local hist ory and historic collections to help us with our preservation efforts by do nating to our current fund drive.  Your donation in any amount would b e greatly appreciated and immediately put to good use.The major goals of th e Middleton Area Historical Society are to collect, display, and, important ly, to preserve artifacts, clothing, photographs and documents that reflect
 the early history of Middleton.  Items are displayed at the Rowley Ho use Museum, the adjacent Carriage House, the Middleton Depot and the Middle ton Senior Center. Over the years we have been fortunate to receive a very large number of historical items; however, not all can be displayed at the same time, yet they all need proper conditions for their safe preservation.
 Our plan, for 2016, is to enhance the Carriage House environment by i nsulating the building and adding heating and air conditioning to control h umidity and thereby provide proper conditions for preserving our valuable c ollections.  By doing so, we can continue to operate within the constr aints of our current facilities..  We can do the proper job with your help.We have analyzed our need for preservation space and have received est imates for the cost of making our existing Carriage House facility appropri ate for archiving and displaying the many historical items in our collectio n. We have therefore set our fundraising target at $25,000.Our main sources
 of revenue are membership dues and the annual Pie and Ice Cream Social hel d at Lakeview Community Park;  MAHS receives no city funding.  Ho wever, current revenues are mostly exhausted for expenses such as monthly u tility bills and minor repair and maintenance projects.  We would grea tly appreciate having you as a “Partner in Preservation” to
 help provide the necessary financial support to keep Middleton’s h istory alive.  Your “Partner in Preservation” donation
 is fully tax-deductibleContributions may be sent to: Middleton Area Histor ical Society
 2564 Branch Street, Suite B9
 Middleton, WI 53562Thank you for your consideration and support! Jeff Martin, PresidentMiddleton Area Historical Society (for more info rmation about our project go to:middletonhistory.org/2016/06/upgrading-our- carriage-house/)