Re: Historical Society City of Peshtigo

onthelake2@tds.net
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:01:12 -0500 (EST)

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:01:12 -0500 (EST)
From: "onthelake2@tds.net" <onthelake2@tds.net>
Subject: Re: Historical Society City of Peshtigo

Cathi,

One idea I had, which hasn't come to fruition yet, is to have each graduating class at the local high school prepare a Time Capsule. The capsule would be housed at the historical society. When classes have class reunions, part of the weekend would be to come to the historical society and open up the time capsule, perhaps each time placing a new item into it.

This would cultivate long-term relationships with those who grew up in your community with the historical society, and hopefully down the road those people would become members and/or financial donors to your society.

Working on it here, but it all takes time (capsules... LOL!).

Greg Loescher Iola Historical Society

----- Original Message ----- From: Cathi Malke <cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Sent: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:59:19 -0500 (EST) Subject: Historical Society City of Peshtigo

<!--

@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}

        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
-->We are at a time when we want to recruit younger people to join and we are looking for any suggestions that might help. We would also like to start holding events in our community to get more people involved, if anyone has any suggestions
 we would appreciate them.We would also entertain partnering with other Historical Societies to plan bus trips and events to encourage participation within our state.We are very open to new things and look forward meeting new friends to share them with. Thank you in advance,Cathi MalkeCity of Peshtigo Historical Society