NEWS RELEASE: Iola Historical Society presentation looks at the history of Wisconsin’s military and civilian medals

onthelake2@tds.net
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:16:31 -0500 (EST)

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:16:31 -0500 (EST)
From: "onthelake2@tds.net" <onthelake2@tds.net>
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?NEWS_RELEASE:_Iola_Historical_Society_presentation_looks_a?= =?utf-8?Q?t_the_history__of_Wisconsin=E2=80=99s?= =?utf-8?Q?_military_and_civilian_medals_?=

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEContact: Greg Loescher, onthelake2@tds.net, 715-445-24 56; or Lee Halverson, lesuhalv@wi-net.com, Iola Historical Society presenta tion looks at the history of Wisconsin’s military and civilian meda ls Iola, WI: Fred Borgmann, a longtime collector of military memorabilia a nd former Krause Publications price guide cataloger, is the author of Wisco nsin’s Military & Civil Medals & Decorations (1987) and Wisconsin M ilitary & Civil Medals (2013). He will be using his books as a foundation f or his PowerPoint presentation on the history of Wisconsin medals from the 1850s to 2013, medal terminology, the different types of medals bestowed up on military personnel and citizens, and a visual “tour” of Wisconsin’s state and local medals. The presentation takes place M onday, Feb. 27, at 7:00 p.m., just after the regular monthly meeting of the
 Iola Historical Society, at the society’s Machine Shed at 222 Depo t Street in Iola. The presentation is free of charge, although goodwill don ations are always accepted. “I made my first Wisconsin medals purch ase at a Milwaukee MNS coin show in 1965 and have been collecting Wisconsin
 medals ever since, said Borgmann. “After nearly 31 years with Krau se Publications (in Iola), I figured that I had learned enough to publish m y own book and to do it my way. The only thing I didn't know is how expensi ve it would be. Fortunately I have a tolerant wife who shared my enthusiasm
 for the project and I am still happily married.” Free copies of hi s first book, Wisconsin’s Military & Civil Medals & Decorations (19 87),will be available to those interested in learning more about the subjec t.For more information on the Iola Historical Society, go to www.iolahistor icalsociety.org.###
Wisc Bk.jpg