RE: restoring a repainted wood bench

Cathi Malke (cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us)
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:46:54 +0000

From: Cathi Malke <cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us>
Subject: RE: restoring a repainted wood bench
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:46:54 +0000

Does your local school have a wood working department? They may have some suggestions. I did try myself to remove several layers of paint on a table
 and I gave up and hired someone. It is a lot of work!!! Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Cathi

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Rita Frakes Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:35 PM To: List serve Subject: restoring a repainted wood bench

The Mazomanie Historical Society has 2 benchs/pews that were used in the or iginal town and village hall. One is original and the other was repainted.
 We would like to have the layer(s) of paint removed down to the original f inished surface which would be retained. If you have had this kind of work
 done, please share any information about who did it and the results. I do n't think we need the very highly professional art restoration people who w ork on murals, walls, paintings and other extremely valuable surfaces. If y ou are aware of sources for people who do this kind of work even though you
 haven't used there skills that would be helpful.

Rita Frakes, Curator Mazomanie Historical Society Home: 608-795-4355