restoring a repainted wood bench

Rita Frakes (rita42@centurytel.net)
Thu, 23 Feb 2017 15:34:33 -0600

From: "Rita Frakes" <rita42@centurytel.net>
Subject: restoring a repainted wood bench
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 15:34:33 -0600

The Mazomanie Historical Society has 2 benchs/pews that were used in the original town and village hall. One is original and the other was repainted. We would like to have the layer(s) of paint removed down to the original finished surface which would be retained. If you have had this kind of work done, please share any information about who did it and the results. I don't think we need the very highly professional art restoration people who work on murals, walls, paintings and other extremely valuable surfaces. If you are aware of sources for people who do this kind of work even though you haven't used there skills that would be helpful.

Rita Frakes, Curator

Mazomanie Historical Society

Home: 608-795-4355