RE: leather replacement

KATHLEEN D MULLEN (kathleen.mullen@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:47:18 +0000

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:47:18 +0000
From: KATHLEEN D MULLEN <kathleen.mullen@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: RE: leather replacement

Craig Deller, Madison based objects conservator, is another option

http://www.dellerconservation.org/

Cricket Harbeck, based in Milwaukee, is another

http://www.cricketharbeck.com/

Best, katie

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Brian Bigler Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:44 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: leather replacement

The Amish do this type of work if you can locate a community near you or try the Cashton Wisconsin area.

Brian Bigler

Mount Horeb Area Historical Society

On 4/10/2017 2:49 PM, djtotten wrote: Our society would like to replace the leather on parts from a surrey and farm wagon. These are leather covered frames mounted on the buggy/wagon that serve as a shield between the horse and driver. Photos of these parts are shown at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byb4EtjBx8dZNEZjU0RRcjR1QXc.

Approximate dimensions are: Surrey frame: 18 x 30 inches Wagon frame; 15 x 34 inches Wagon under seat: 12 x 30 inches Leather thickness is about 1.6 mm, a 4 oz. weight. I judge about 20 square feet is needed, as the leather covers the frame on both sides.

We solicit suggestions on how to proceed.

David Totten President, Board of Directors New Berlin Historical Society www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org<http://www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org/> djtotten@earthlink.net<mailto:djtotten@earthlink.net> 262-643-8855