Fw: Grant funding focus for northern counties

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 11 May 2017 15:14:06 +0000

Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 15:14:06 +0000
From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Fw: Grant funding focus for northern counties

From the Wisconsin Humanities Council:

I wanted to let you know about a new grant focus involving race and ethnicity for northern counties that I invite you to share with your local historians.

The WHC has been awarded funds for a special re-grant initiative from the Mary H. Rice Foundation. Organizations in Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Florence, Forest, Iron, Lincoln, Marinette, Oneida, Polk, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Vilas and Washburn counties are eligible to apply for these funds. Applicants for the northern focus on race and ethnicity should apply using regular grant deadlines no later than end of business day May 1, 2018.

This northern focus builds on an emphasis on race and ethnicity that WHC began last year. Recent events have raised a national call for a more consequential public discussion of the persistent social, economic, cultural, and racial issues that divide our communities. As part of that conversation, the Wisconsin Humanities Council has a special interest in funding projects that engage in, or foster, meaningful community conversations about issues of race and ethnicity.

Projects may articulate our shared and conflicting values and beliefs about race and ethnicity, use stories to help us connect or deepen our understanding, or draw on the history that shapes racial and ethnic identities and the life experiences of residents of the United States.

Projects should use humanities expertise to support community dialogue, which may not advocate for particular political positions, but may speak directly to current concerns, such as police-community relations. There is no specific deadline for the statewide initiative.

Please share with your local history members. If you have any questions about our grant program, please feel free to call me (in the address block below) or email for more information. Our grant program is discussed in more detail here: http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/grants
[http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/String-Art.jpg]<http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/grants>

Wisconsin Humanities Council - Grants<http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/grants> www.wisconsinhumanities.org The Wisconsin Humanities Council administers the only grant program in the state devoted to the public humanities. Throughout the state, we help bring communities ...

Meg

Meg Turville-Heitz, Ph.D

Grant Program Director

Wisconsin Humanities Council

---

3801 Regent Street

Madison, WI 53705

Phone: 608-265-5595

email address: meg.turvilleheitz@wisconsinhumanities.org

<mailto:michael.kean@wisconsinhumanities.org>

www.wisconsinhumanities.org<http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/> Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter @wihumanities

Making History, Culture, Conversation Happen

<http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/>