Fw: Search for Wisconsin family albums

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 06 Jul 2017 17:13:26 +0000

Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 17:13:26 +0000
From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Fw: Search for Wisconsin family albums

Please respond to Jordan at jreznick@ucsc.edu if you can be of assistance.

Janet

________________________________ From: Jordan Reznick <jreznick@ucsc.edu>

I am a photo historian working on a dissertation at the University of California Santa Cruz. I am researching racial identity and family photography during the twentieth century. For many years photography historians have researched race by looking at photographs made by people of color. I am seeking to add to our knowledge about race by thinking about the ways in which white people also have a sense of racial identity that may be expressed in their photographs. I am looking for family albums the depict childhoods in the 1980s in Wisconsin. I am particularly interested in families that lived in Kenosha, but am also looking for albums around the state.

I anticipate that such albums will not be collected by historical societies, but that through your listserv I may be able to connect with willing individuals that will allow me to scan some of their albums and record an oral history interview about the albums. I am a careful and experienced researcher in photography and have a scanner that will allow me to scan albums without damaging their spines or removing photographs from the pages.

I would really appreciate it if you could share this information on your listserv and/or direct me to any people or resources you can think of.

Thank you, Jordan

---
Jordan Reznick
Visual Studies Ph.D. Candidate