Re: County or regional meetings, alliances?

Westby Area Historical Society (westbywihistory@gmail.com)
Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:44:34 -0600

From: Westby Area Historical Society <westbywihistory@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:44:34 -0600
Subject: Re: County or regional meetings, alliances?

The Westby Area Historical Society is part of the Driftless Area Heritage Group. In this group are officers and board members from: the Vernon County Historical Society, History Alive Project, Inc., the Kickapoo Valley Reserve, the Hillsboro Historical Society, the Readstown Historical Society, Norskedalen, Cheyenne Valley Group, Country Coon Prairie Church Preservation. We meet twice a year, the first Wednesdays of April and October, for a potluck luncheon and discussion. The location is rotated so that each group hosts every so often. We discuss our event successes, things we wish we had done better, upcoming events and activities, how we can promote history and tourism in our area, collaboration ideas, how to solve problems, etc. Each group presents a brief narrative of their organization and their mission. DAHG meets as a support group to exchange ideas, help our organizations trouble-shoot and brain-storm. The group is very loosely organized. We DO NOT have: officers; an agenda; other meetings, committees or focus groups.

Those of us who are involved believe that this group is very worthwhile and gives us motivation and ideas to take back to the membership.

If you would like to know more, please contact me. I hope that you get other incites about DAHG from others who are involved.