Re: County or regional meetings, alliances?

Hannah Scholze (holmenhistorian@gmail.com)
Sun, 12 Nov 2017 13:59:17 -0600

From: Hannah Scholze <holmenhistorian@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 13:59:17 -0600
Subject: Re: County or regional meetings, alliances?

Very similar to the Driftless Area Heritage Group that the Westby Area Historical Society mentioned, the various historical organizations in the Greater La Crosse Area meet 4-6 times a year to share events and ideas and discuss any issues or concerns our individual organizations are facing. We are informally run without officers, etc. and don't have an official name, but we have a lot of good discussion. It's been a good way to network and help each other out. We also try to find projects that we can work on together since we serve similar audiences in the area.

We typically meet the last Monday of March, June, September, and November over supper, and each organization takes turns hosting. The group has grown over the last couple of years to now include: Holmen Area Historical Society, Onalaska Area Historical Society, Bangor & Area Historical Society, West Salem Historical Society, La Crosse County Historical Society, Garden of Eden Preservation Society/A. A. Arnold House, Ridge History Park, Monroe County Local History Room & Museum, Monroe County Historical Society, and Tomah Area Historical Society.

Hannah Scholze Monroe County Local History Room Museum Services Associate
& Holmen Area Historical Society President