Historic Costumes

John and Denise Wright (jdwright2@tds.net)
Thu, 10 May 2018 22:42:18 -0500

From: "John and Denise Wright" <jdwright2@tds.net>
Subject: Historic Costumes
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 22:42:18 -0500

Hi, Cathi - as you know, actual clothing from the 19th century can be so fragile - not to mention tiny. Here are some great sources for historic sewing patterns so folks can re-create comfortable historic costumes:

Folkwear (https://www.folkwear.com)

Reconstructing History (https://reconstructinghistory.com)

Patterns of Time (https://www.patternsoftime.com)

Simplicity (http://www.simplicity.com/patterns/costumes/historical)

Peace. - Denise Anton Wright (New Glarus Historical Society)

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Cathi Malke Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 12:46 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Costume Society of America is looking for upcoming exhibits and programs to publicize

In 3 years the City of Peshtigo will celebrate 150 years since the Great Peshtigo Fire. Do you ever come across clothing from the time frame of 1871? We are going to gear our celebration to encourage everyone to dress in that era.

Cathi Malke

President Peshtigo Historical Society