Re: Museum's use of City Room Tax question

Eagle River Historical Society (eagleriverhistoricalsociety@gmail.com)
Tue, 15 May 2018 18:08:28 -0500

From: Eagle River Historical Society <eagleriverhistoricalsociety@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 18:08:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Museum's use of City Room Tax question

In Eagle River we receive an annual grant from the city, although it is not designated as room tax funds. We do record visitors' residences in support of the claim we make to being a tourism destination. We use museum operations as a budget basis for programing and use the percentage of out of town visitors to calculate tourism operations.

We don't have any current plan to approach the city with a request on that basis in light of the funding we do receive.

Karen