Re: Museum's use of City Room Tax question

Historical Society (oahsm@att.net)
Tue, 15 May 2018 14:10:07 -0500

From: Historical Society <oahsm@att.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 14:10:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Museum's use of City Room Tax question

Oconomowoc Historical Society receives no funds from the City of Oconomowoc.

Nancy Lins, Administrator 103 W. Jefferson St. PO Box 245 Oconomowoc, WI 53066 Ph: 263-569-0740 Web: oconomowochistoricalsociety.org Follow us on Facebook

> On May 15, 2018, at 12:35 PM, JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <> On May 15, 2018, at 12:35 PM, JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsin
history.org> wrote:

upposed to be used only by non-profits and to be used exclusively for touris m)

> We are building a new museum and it was suggested that we should approach o
ur City Council to see if we could obtain a share of the City's Room Tax. W e we turned down, as was the local Area Community Theatre who also asked for
 funding for their building project. We we told that 51% of our expenses ha d to go directly for tourism and that we did not fit that category according
 to State Statues and do not qualify according to our City Administrator, th e City Council immediately voted us both down. The City Chamber of Commerce
 Tourism and Vistor's bureau gets the entire amount each month.