Re: How do you manage your grounds?

Peter Schmacher (plschu@sbcglobal.net)
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:10:21 -0500

Subject: Re: How do you manage your grounds?
From: Peter Schmacher <plschu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:10:21 -0500

Oak Creek Historical Society does not have a grounds keeper. The city owns t he buildings and land. The city cuts the grass. All other landscape work i s done by volunteers.

Pete Schumacher Vice President Oak Creek Historical Society

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 12:43 PM, FAHP <fahp@centurytel.net> wrote:
>
> We have a 1/2 time paid Grounds and Maintenance Manager (paid by us) and a
 group of volunteers that we call the "Monday Boys" - most are men in their 7 0s. :) The Manager handles things that we can't "reasonably" ask the Monda y Boys to do. The Monday Boys cut grass, weed whip, paint/stain, repair fen ces, cut/split firewood, blow leaves. The gardens are handled by another gr oup of volunteers.

> Most years it works quite well with about 1/2 the work done by the grounds
/maintenance person and the other 1/2 by the Monday Boys. The only time we' ve had issues is when we've hired a new grounds person and the Monday Boys d ecide they know more than he does, so they should function independently fro m him. Ironically, I just finished a meeting with our grounds manager and t he leaders of the Monday Boys to get things back on track.

> Joanie,
> Burnett County Historical Society

ide one for you? Do volunteers do all of the grounds keeping? If it is some c ombination of the three, what are the percentages? What has your experience b een with how it works out for you?