Do Wine and History Mix?

John and Denise Wright (jdwright2@tds.net)
Fri, 28 Sep 2018 09:47:52 -0500

From: "John and Denise Wright" <jdwright2@tds.net>
Subject: Do Wine and History Mix?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 09:47:52 -0500

Hello, All - we're trying something new in New Glarus: a wine walk to benefit one of our museums! The Chalet of the Golden Fleece is a historic house museum that is owned and operated by the Village of New Glarus. Built in 1937 in the design of a Swiss mountain chalet, it was the home of Edwin Barlow, a world traveler, collector, and the man responsible for New Glarus' annual Wilhelm Tell drama / festival.

The Friends of the Chalet of the Golden Fleece are sponsoring Mr. Barlow's Wine Walk from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 11th. Fourteen downtown New Glarus businesses are participating in this wine walk. The Chalet of the Golden Fleece is located two blocks from New Glarus' downtown, so will be the starting point for the walk.

For more information on Mr. Barlow's Wine Walk and the Chalet of the Golden Fleece, please visit: https://newglarusvillage.com/recreation/chalet-of-the-golden-fleece

Let me know if you have any questions about this event.

Peace. - Denise Anton Wright