RE: PastPerfect Online and Virtual Exhibit

Kathryn Otto (kathryn.otto@uwrf.edu)
Tue, 9 Oct 2018 21:42:49 +0000

From: Kathryn Otto <kathryn.otto@uwrf.edu>
Subject: RE: PastPerfect Online and Virtual Exhibit
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 21:42:49 +0000

Hi Helen,

You can limit what information is shared online. You choose each field tha t you want to display, and if there is information you don't want to share,
 just don't pick that field.

Some fields, like donor information and appraisal ($) don't display anyway.

Hope that helps some.

Kathryn Otto

Head of University Archives and Area Research Center Chalmer Davee Library University of Wisconsin-River Falls

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu < <localhistory-request@listser ve.uwec.edu> On Behalf Of Helen Wirka Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 1:04 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Cc: RICHARD ALLEN BERNSTEIN <rick.bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org>; JANET IR ENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org> Subject: PastPerfect Online and Virtual Exhibit

Hello all,

We are considering using PastPerfect Online as a way to share our catalog o f museum objects and we are considering doing the PastPerfect Virtual Exhib it.

I've worked elsewhere that used PastPerfect Online, but it was arranged bef ore I was hired. At my current museum, our Board asked me to find out some more information about the legality of sharing this information on the Inte rnet. Has anyone come across legal issues or had issues with insurance beca use object information has been posted online? Have any donors questioned t he choice?

Thank you, Helen

Helen Wirka Museum Director Sun Prairie Historical Library and Museum

[cid:[cid:image002.png@01D2CF15.65265700] 115 E Main Street | Sun Prairie, WI 53590 608-837-2915 hwirka@cityofsunprairie.com<mailto:hwirka@cityofsunprairie.com>